© Karin Fiedler / GEZE GmbH
Our pioneering developments create comfortable buildings
GEZE – the most important for us is the customer trust in our products, system solutions and services for doors and windows. We are a driving force behind the networking of building technology - with the aim of creating comfortable living and working spaces. Our intelligent products are characterised by their quality, comfort, and design: product innovation is our strength.
We combine tradition with innovation - and vice versa.
We are a successful, financially sound family business with a worldwide presence. In the past, we were known primarily for the quality of our ski bindings for World Cup and Olympic champions. Since the mid 1980s we have focused solely on our core business: We develop and produce innovative door, window and safety technology for Smart Buildings. While maintaining our consistency, we’re always open to new ideas – and boldly set trends in our industry. For our more than 3,000 employees worldwide, this means great stability and reliability whilst also enjoying considerable freedom in terms of design and development.
- founded in 1863, family-owned since then and for the future
- over EUR 430 million in turnover during the fiscal year 2017/2018
- more than 3,000 employees worldwide (1,100 at the Leonberg headquarters)
- 31 subsidiaries
- 1,000 patents granted both in Germany and abroad in 2017
- 45 % female employees
Our head office is in Leonberg, approx. 10 km west of Stuttgart. Leonberg is easy to reach either by suburban train or by car.
GEZE is the largest employer in Leonberg and invests here regularly. The most recent example is a high-performance distribution centre, spacious administrative buildings, and a state-of-the-art development centre.
Other production sites and development centres:
- Tianjin (China; since 1998)
- Zrenjanin (Serbia; since 2010)
Additional development centre:
- Barcelona (Spain since 2013)
Subsidiaries in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Great Britain, Scandinavia, Benelux, Spain/Portugal, Poland, China, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Hungary, India, Romania, Ukraine, Singapore, Russia, Brazil, Turkey
- In 1863, Friedrich Carl Bauer opened a construction fittings factory in Stuttgart-Feuerbach. Georg Friedrich Vöster founded ‘Dreherei Vöster & Co’ in Göppingen. From 1898, Bauer’s construction fittings factory produced ski bindings in the summer and construction fittings hardware in winter.
- In 1901, Bauer’s successor and master locksmith Victor Gretsch founded ‘Gretsch & Co’. They also produced fanlight openers, door closers, and hold-open systems, in 1914 changing their name to ‘Vereinigte Baubeschlagfabriken Gretsch & Co. GmbH’.
- 1924 Merger with Vöster & Müller in Feuerbach (founded in 1911 by Reinhold Vöster, grandson of Georg Friedrich Vöster). Reinhold Vöster joined the company. Under his technical management, the product range was modernised and extended. Fittings for folding and sliding windows, ventilation systems for factory buildings, smoke extraction systems and fittings for lever gear, folding and double-action doors and garage gates were now also produced.
- 1959 Relocation to Leonberg
- 1968 Reinhold Vöster passed his shares and the role of managing director to his granddaughter Brigitte Vöster.
- 1980 The company was renamed GEZE GmbH. The ‘G.C.’ sign on the Gretsch & Co packing cases - pronounced ‘Ge-Ze’ - became the new company name. The product policy focuses on complete solutions for doors and windows. Automatic sliding and swing door drives are becoming increasingly important.
- 1996 Establishment of a production site in Tianjin, China.
- 1997 Founding of the subsidiary GEZE Service GmbH. Around 120 employees carry out training, installation and maintenance work.
- 2007 GEZE founds additional subsidiaries and is now represented in Slovenia, South Africa, Slovakia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and Dubai.
- 2010 Expansion of distribution and service activities in South-East Europe through establishing a state-of-the-art, large-scale production site in Zrenjanin, Serbia.
- 2013 150th anniversary: GEZE is a global market leader, and is currently represented in 110 countries worldwide with 2,500 employees, 30 subsidiaries and a comprehensive sales and service network.
- Research & development
We interact with our customers’ requirements, actively drive developments, and boldly set market trends. As a ‘learning organisation’, we primarily trust and create the ideal conditions for our own development potential.
We have an extremely strong national and international distribution network. The distribution centre in Leonberg works closely with six branch offices in Germany and over 27 international distribution companies.
GEZE has a large range of products. In addition, we also manufacture special constructions tailored to customer requirements. Production is responsible for the excellent quality of our innovative products.
A constantly growing company relies on solid structures and reliable processes. They form the solid basis of our growth. Our administration is divided into the classic fields of HR, Finance and Controlling, etc.
- GEZE Service
With a nationwide service network and six service branches, GEZE Service GmbH provides comprehensive after-sales service (installation, maintenance, and repairs) for doors, windows, and safety technology.
Staff and their personalities are at the focus of what we do. We know that they are the foundation for the growth and continued development of our company.Brigitte Vöster-Alber, GEZE Chief Executive Officer
Our values and principles
We lead in terms of customer confidence in products, systems solutions, and service for doors and windows. The development and maintenance of large and small buildings is of great importance to us, which is why we include all the parties concerned in a high-performance network, whilst setting digital and inspiring trends. We symbolise excellent service, and realise pioneering developments worldwide with our employees.
GEZE is international
GEZE branches worldwide
We are represented worldwide with 31 subsidiaries, a flexible and highly efficient distribution and service network, and more than 3,000 employees - meaning short paths and outstanding expertise. Our structure enables us to advise on region-specific solutions and provide a fast, efficient service.
Our Leonberg site
Never heard of Leonberg? Here’s a brief overview of our site, located only a few kilometres from Stuttgart.
Leonberg from the air
Our headquarters with the administration, production, and development departments is in Leonberg - which has excellent transport links to the economic centres of Stuttgart and Karlsruhe. © Jürgen Pollak / GEZE GmbH
Leonberg’s Marktplatz features many restored half-timbered houses and dates back to the late Middle Ages (15th century). It is the focal point of many events, even today. © Shutterstock.com
Leonberg was founded in 1248. The 16th century castle has a delightful terraced garden and is a gem of the late Renaissance style of architecture. © Shutterstock.com
Leisure and culture
For example, visitors find visiting the Pomeranzengarten orangery with its many scented, spicy, and healing plants very relaxing. The Leonberg City Race and City Cycling events are for sports fanatics - and we sponsor both events.